In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need help with double barrel shotgun for friend

cwinncwinn Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭
edited December 2007 in Ask the Experts
Its for my boss actually, he wants a double barrel side-by-side 12 or 10 gauge (preferably 10) for christmas. His wife asked me to try and find one for him and this is the area of firearms I know the least about.

He wants one with "field-length" barrels (no coach guns), new or used, but wants to stick in the 400-450 dollar range (kinda limited options I know). He also said he would prefer double triggers but isn't opposed to a single trigger. No exposed hammers however.

I have looked at some of the Remington Spartan line, and also the old 311's. One question, do the Stevens 311s all have the fake wood (read plastic) stocks? I also thought there was a manufacturer or two that currently made a side by side 10 gauge, but I may have been dreaming.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated both by me and by my boss. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    my-handymanmy-handyman Member Posts: 298 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GB# 85988922 Armsport 1035 27 10ga 3 1/2" SXS EXCELLENT SHAPE I think this is about as cheap as a 10ga gets! Not a bad gun for 500.00. Most 311's had stained hardwood stocks. Good luck!
  • Options
    greystonegreystone Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's one I like these guns myself.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=85905341
    Do a search on the auction part of this site
  • Options
    reindeerreindeer Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 311's had several stocks. Walnut and beech(?). Why a 10 ga. Is he a duck hunter? reindeer
  • Options
    TavisTavis Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If he isn't particular to brand new guns, I have some double barreled shotguns that my brother worked on, reblued, worked on the stocks, etc. the two that I know of that he has in pretty good shape are both double trigger, 12 gauge. Not sure of the manufacture, but if that sounds like something he'd be interested in I can take pics of them for you.
  • Options
    cwinncwinn Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the posts/emails everyone. Im going to talk to him to tommorow and let him know what I found out, and let him decide from there.

I think he wants the 10 gauge in light of a gun his father used to own, he couldnt remember the brand only that it was a 10ga. He wont be shooting it much Im sure, just one of those things to have I guess. Ill let you know how it pans out. Thanks again!