In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

J.P. Sauer 38H, Function Issue

RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in Ask the Experts
Any folks out there familiar with this little .32 auto? I picked one up recently in beautiful (95% or so) condition but with a single small crack in the left grip panel. I got a set of N.C. repo grips for everyday use and found that with them in place, although they seem to fit perfectly, the magazine will not release with them in place.
I can't see any obvious difference with interior contours, though I figure this must be where the problem lies as the mag releases perfectly with the original grips. Before I start taking measurements and carefully applying the Dremel tool I thought I'd see if this was a common problem and if anyone could give me an idea of where to start??
Thanks,
[?][?]
p.s. Hadn't thought of this before. Maybe if I started with the magazine OUT, installed the grips and then tried to insert it, I could spot some area of wear or difficulty??

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check if the grip screw is protruding into the frame when you tighten them up to secure the grips. If so, back off on the screws until the magazine moves freely. Then carefully file the end of the screw, so the magazine will clear when the screws are snugged up tight.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rufe,
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    You hit that nail right on the head!
    Left grip screw. All it took was a half dozen swipes with a fine file, and I'm back in business!
    Greatly appreciated.
    Rob