In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sig P226 MDPD Edition

redfinnedredfinned Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited February 2011 in Ask the Experts
Trying to find out the value to sell it. The actual model is (E26-9-MDPD) And under it the codes are Sigarms, 226-9, B, SLITE (That last part may be a typo. I think it was supposed to say ELITE) Any way this is a P226 DAK trigger, but it is a MDPD edition (Miami-Dade Police Dept) These were specifically made for our department with a Miami barrel. Miami barrel has extra grooves inside the barrel, and is capable of shooting +P+ rounds. It also comes with night sights, and 3 high capacity mags and the case. This was my duty weapon. Because it is unique in the sense that not just anyone can purchase this model, im not sure where the value falls on this one. Any help from the experts on this piece?

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Experts, yes; clairvoyants, no.

Without seeing photos of your gun, we haven't a clue. You may have qualified with it once, & carried in your desk drawer; or, you could have shot the frap out of it, & worn half the finish off carrying it in a leather holster. Instructions for posting photos:
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

We also need to know how old it is; tritium has a half life of 11 years. Also, is it SA/DA, or DA only?

Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good points. Ill post some pics soon. It was purchased in 2004 and spent 2 yrs in its original case. It is in very good condition, and the finish is not worn off at all. It is DAK only. Great gun, but now they want us to switch over too Glocks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok here are the pics. The small scratch on top is the only scratch on the firearm.

[img][/img]th_IMAG0221.jpgth_IMAG0220.jpgth_IMAG0219.jpgth_IMAG0218.jpg
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who in the heck told you it has extra "grooves" in the barrel???

CP
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That article and such related material I could find mentions "Miami barrels" only for Glocks. You got something about Sig-Sauers with the gimmick?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes the barrel was developed by glock, but when our department mandated that we all cary sig's at that time so they put the Miami barrel in the sig. Of course after we all had to buy these guns because at the time the department was still issuing revolvers, now several years later we are going to sig's and the dept. is issuing them for free. hence why the case model number on the sig is E26-9-MDPD
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have provided you guys with everything i can about this firearm and the miami barrel. If I am on the wrong forum please let me know. I am not really a gun bunny, so thats why I was seeking advice from the enthusiasts.

Thx,
    AF
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    SAAMI (Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute) is the organization which establishes firearms manufacturers accepted maximum pressure levels for each type of ammunition. Their max pressure for the 9mm is 35000 psi, while the max for 9mm+P is 38500 psi.

+P+ is actually just an ammunition manufacturers designation and has no SAAMI established maximum pressure. Basically, all the +P+ marking tells you is that this ammunition exceeds SAAMI maximum pressure for the 9mm, with no real idea by how much.

SIG is not going to specify any type barrel that allows use of unknown pressure, non-SAAMI spec'ed ammo in their pistols.

BTW - The 'SLITE' marking on the box indicates it's equipped with SIGLITE tritium sights.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my own personal opinion, it is worth nothing extra, and quite possibly less, as it is an issued duty weapon. Tons of factory refurb's are on sale nationally, at greatly reduced prices. The DAO trigger takes away also, and if it does have an "extra groove" in the barrel, and it was used sith sub-machinegun(+P+) ammo, then in my estimation, it is well used up. Quite possibly unsafe too. It all depends on how much of what ammo it digested. As of right now, I would say it is a $200.00-300.00 gun.

Best