In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mossberg 500 AG pump front sling swivel?

82trooper82trooper Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have a source or a recomendation for this? I am looking to mount a sling on an older Mossberg 12 ga. The front cap/magazine plug? (unsure of the proper terminology) is basically a threaded bolt with a round head with knurling on the edge so you can get a grip to unscrew it. Would you need to drill and tap this piece or is there a replacement part with the swivel already installed?
Thanks in advance!
Mike

Comments

• Options
    ltslts Member Posts: 811 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi, you can get a take down screw with a swivel stud from Mossberg,probably some listed here on GB. Several of my older Mossberg barrels have a tapped hole on the lug the takedown screw floats in for a sling stud.

Forgot to mention Havlin Sales & Service
  • Options
    keystone1974keystone1974 Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one for my mossy 500 for $30 from cabelas. If not look at bass pro, midway,or cheaper than dirt . Com
  • Options
    keystone1974keystone1974 Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow I paid $30 for a uncle mikes bout 3 yrs ago , but found one a cabelas for $19.99 order code EM-22-9753 (501) phone number 1-800-237-4444
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both good answers. You could drill and tap as well. Worked for me on both mossberg 500 and Rem 870's...
  • Options
    82trooper82trooper Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all who responded....I found exactly what I was looking for at "Cheaper than dirt" website. I ordered one this afternoon.
    I was really looking for a manufactured part, as I really try to stay away from my firearms with a Dremel or power tools!! Now, my Jeep....that's another story!!!