In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

emil martin dbl barrel w/ 9.9 mm rifle

babalu726babalu726 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
I recently came across an interesting combination shotgun that a fellow offered to me for sale. It is a a 16 gauge double barrel with a 9.3 mm rifle underneath. I have never seen one of these before. the other marking on it is "Krupp-Esse" on the barrel. It is heavily engraved with deer etc. the overall condition is very nice. the bluing is sbout 90% and the stock has had no visible repairs. Any info about this gun would be appreciated. I don't know what the value might be or what a fair price to pay for this gun is.
Thank you
babalu726

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The firearm you describe is commonly known as a "Drilling". It is has been made and used in central Europe, since the late 19th Century.

The gauges ( 16 ) and caliber ( 9.3mm ) you describe were very commonly used. ( There are a number of different 9.3mm cartridges, you have to have a chamber cast done to find out which one)

Some of these Drillings are quite valuable, post your questions to this forum. Somebody might have specific knowledge about your Drilling and it's maker.

http://www.gunshop.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

luger_4.jpg