In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Legal Muzzle breaks on post ban AKs

ker2222ker2222 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
I would like to put a muzzle break on my post ban SAR-1. The easiest way seems to be to use a "threaded adapter" that slides on the barrel and is afixed with four set screws. The other end of the adapter is threaded so it can accept muzzle breaks. Is this legal???

Comments

• Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    please don't waste your money on these.

I've had bad luck with all of the 'set screw' 'brakes. I've used loctite and cranked them down as tight as they would go, shoot 100 rounds and walk around looking for that hunk of metal.

Then I got the 'pin on' muzzle break. 200 rounds and it was wobbly loose as the metal got 'tweaked' around the pin allowing slop.

I'd suggest picking up an AK parts kit with a threaded barrel and pray the ban expires so you can swap out the barrels.

awcountdown.gifIt wasn't only the Bill Clinton Gun Ban- without Bill Ruger there would of been no ban .