In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marlin Mod 120 38 or 40" barrel

mofojo@txucom.netmofojo@txucom.net Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
I have a customer in need of a Marlin Mod 120 pump shotgun 38" or 40" full choke barrel. I have never heard of a barrel that long nor does e-gun parts have one in their book. Where can he find animal like that? Is one still in production?

quote:Three cardinal rules of life: Sight alignment, Trigger squeeze & Breath control

Comments

• Options
    allechalleyallechalley Member Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know the bolt action had a 36" (Herters always called it a goose gun. I think that was what you would do with the barrel as it went by), but don't recall it in a pump.
  • Options
    allechalleyallechalley Member Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I must correct myself. Blue Book shows Magnum 120 made from 1971-1985
    26 to 38 inch barrel.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, I had one about 15 years ago, with a 38 inch barrel, but have not seen one since,,,but they did make them. Try the want ads. nambu
  • Options
    only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good morning mofojo: My old book shows both the 38 in and 40 in. plain barrels (no rib)were produced. This gun has only been out of production for about 19 years, have you contacted Marlin? If they don't have one in the warehouse, ask them who they sold the remaining inventory of parts too. It's worth a shot! Regards Dave