In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 1400

longironlongiron Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
I purchased a used Winchester 1400 and was cleaning it up before shooting and noticed there wasn't a seal or o-ring behind the barrel band that goes around the magazine tub. Is the shot gun suppose to have a seal at that spot? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a winc 1400MKII 12ga 3 shot would like to know If I could change it to a 5 shot. And what I would have to do fix change it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shell follower in magazine tube extends beyond the end of the tube and
    interfers with the operation of the self loading.
    Any suggestions?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've been told a Winchester 1400 Forend will not fit on a Winchester 1400 MKII. Any know the difference.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    looking for a barrel for my 1400 markII 20 ga. can anyone tell me what barrels will fit this gun. i know win made these guns for sears and maybe others. just looking for something that will work. thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just acquired a 12 gauge semi-auto Winchester 1400; an older model with the high gloss finish like the old Rem. 1100's. A beautiful piece. It has a 3 shot capacity with 2 3/4" shells and the pre MK II receiver. It came with a 28" mod. VR barrel. My question is this: Will the later model 1400 Winchoke barrels fit this gun? Rather than buy a barrel for every occasion, I'd like to get one that'll accept Winchokes and just buy the chokes.

Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've ran into this one before and I'm 99% sure the barrels will interchange just fine.
    Those are nice guns, well balanced and they do work well. I also like the safety placement in front of the trigger guard like it is vs. back like most other gun companies. The only small complaint I have with them is thier short magazine but if you hunt migratory birds with it then you're set! [:)]
    Incidentally, either Cabelas or Bass Pro sells those Winchoke barrels and they should come with 3 tubes if memory serves.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,976 ******
    edited November -1
    just have win.chokes installed in your barrel, same price as a new barrel (+-). in my shop (not and advertisment) we charge $50 + what ever tubes you want. some barrel don't have enought steel and need special tubes ($$ slightly higher) but I'm sure all 1400 barrels are ok.
  • Options
    JP146JP146 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just picked up a barrel from Corsons for my father-in-laws 1400 and it's not fitting the receiver. I haven't seen the situation first hand and don't know when the new barrel or the shotgun itself were manufactured, but when I do I'll post in case there is a problem. He says it appears to be the correct barrel and is taking it to a gunsmith to machine part of the barrel to make it fit. He said it only needs to be adjusted like .003" so it's nothing serious, just enough to cause grief.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    fyi...a quick reference for a mk1 and a mk2 is the mk2 has a button to push that releases the bolt. the mk1 had only the lip of the mag well that you pushed with a shells tip. the early guns were better built, had better wood, and a different grip angle. i woulnt bore nothing. i'd just get another bbl for it and save the original. $$$ someday.[:)]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.