In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of AR 15/M16 mags ?

24vainf24vainf Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
I have 3 like new mags that have been in a drawer for several years..They are gray aluminum..Stamped on the bottom:

LABELLE IND
OCONOMOWOC WI USA
MFG 90435

Anyone have an idea what they may be worth, and would they be legal to sell? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 24vainf
    I have 3 like new mags that have been in a drawer for several years..They are gray aluminum..Stamped on the bottom:

LABELLE IND
    OCONOMOWOC WI USA
    MFG 90435

Anyone have an idea what they may be worth, and would they be legal to sell? Thanks
  • Options
    vicg1vicg1 Member Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $15-20
    legal to sell to anyone if not posban LEO only mags... otherwise you need to sell to Law Enforcement Officer or dealer only.

vipersig.jpg
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 24vainf

LABELLE IND
    OCONOMOWOC WI USA
    MFG 90435

I've been paying $25 to $40 for good condition 20 rd. and 30rd Colt mags and $15 to $25 for gov. contracters like Lablelle, Adventureline etc. I thought it was a good investment until they started talking about the assault weapon ban expiring. I think the expiration of the ban will cause the value of high capacity mags to drop just the same as the value of pre-ban rifles might drop when folks can get a flash hider and bayonet lug on a new rifle. I used to buy govt. contract AR-15 mags for $5 to $10 before the ban.
  • Options
    24vainf24vainf Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote]$15-20
    legal to sell to anyone if not posban LEO only mags... otherwise you need to sell to Law Enforcement Officer or dealer only

There not leo mags, and I have had them since the late 80's..Thanks
  • Options
    Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    I bought some USGI used mags last month for 8 bucks each.

MVC-031S.jpg

"The Greatest Battle Implement Ever Devised!"
    -- Gen. George S. Patton
    referring to the M1 Garand