In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BROWNING A5 FOREARMS

spoonbillspoonbill Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
Can one of you experts tell me if an a5 browning forearm for a 16
gauge and a 20 ga are the same.THANK YOU

arthur lux

Comments

• Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have a reference right in front of me so this is opinion based on memory. I believe the 16 gauge Browning was based on a 12 gauge sized frame and the 20 gauge was built on a down sized frame including forarms. My 16 gauge looks to be the same size as my uncles 12 gauge but my brothers 20 is slightly smaller than either. But I have never measured and compared the forearm of my 16 to my brothers 20. Maybe some one has a reference book that will have measurements for both and will provide more concrete information.
  • Options
    THINMANTHINMAN Member Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THE STD. A-5 16 GA. AS PINHEAD STATED WAS BASED ON 12 GA. FRAME . THE SWEET-SIXTEENS WERE LIGHTER AND SMALLER THAN THE 12 GA. AND STD. 16 GA. I BELIEVE. I'M NOT SURE ABOUT FOR-ENDS , CHECK GUNPARTS AND SEE IF THEY LIST THE SAME ONE FOR BOTH GAUGES OR NOT. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

THINMAN
  • Options
    spoonbillspoonbill Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the help on the browning forearms,i checked gun
    parts corp.web site and they list the 16 ga. and the 20 ga.
    as being different,so i guess that answers my question.THANK YOU

arthur lux