In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mr. bobski

daydreamer1daydreamer1 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
thanks for opion on value . is there any place i can go to to get more info on this superposed? i am just puzzled about the lack of bbl. ribs . and a lug at end of bbl.I have not seen this befor , have you?

Comments

• Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i can help. btw..i have the 1960 catalog in my hands. nothing offered for custom ribs. it sounds like you have a custom gun, because browning never offered custom ribs. also too, the u.s shooting team doesnt shoot sub gauges in competition or in preparation for the olympics, only 12ga because everything they shoot is international targets, (low gun.) the tubes may have been made to the gun, but they were not used in any u.s shooting team events. clyde made your tubes. we bought the rights to make our brand of tubes back in late 70's and early 80's. i won many a world event with my old purbaughs. they are fine tubes. send a pic of your gun. i can ask around 'the world tour' for you.

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, former navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ok, looks like a custom fajen stock with the famous fajen pistol grip. the monte carlo is oversized. though its pretty wood, it isnt what youd call aaa select feathered crotch or stump; rather, id call it aa select 30 percent figure. the forearm is 50% fiddleback. looks like some nice checking. gun looks refinished. it really is perfect looking. i couldnt see the tip of the rib, but from what i saw, it looks like a browning rib to me. hope this helps. btw, let me bump it up...3 to 4000.00..

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, former navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.