In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New bbl 4 1908 colt .380,help!

krusty311krusty311 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
I'm wondering if anyone here may have a good idea were i could find this.It is for my uncle's colt pocket .380(low!3,000 serial#),the thing is after they made about 10 or 12 thousand of these(of which ym uncle's is one)they switched to a non bbl bushing design.Any help would be greatly appreciated!
krusty

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My WAG is that your pretty much out of luck getting a original barrel. Colt quit making that barrel bushing model at least 90 years ago. G P doesn't carry them.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=553710&chrSuperSKU=&MC=

Best bet would be to find a COMPETENT Gunsmith who could epoxy a rifled tube in the old barrel. This is commonly known as "relineing". It's done quite often to salvage bad barrels.

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    krusty311krusty311 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info rufe,I tried gun parts already.You have any ballpark on what a smith would charge for relineing the barrel?
    krusty
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by krusty311
    Thanks for the info rufe,I tried gun parts already.You have any ballpark on what a smith would charge for relineing the barrel?
    krusty

Can't help you there, last time I had a pistol barrel relined was over 20 years ago. Excellent condition French MAC 50, the bore was like a sewer.

The guy who did the work for me did a excellent job, it wasn't to spendy either. Unfortunately he's long gone.

luger_4.jpg