In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta chokes

eastwood44mageastwood44mag Member Posts: 2,655 ✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
Help! I have 3 internal chokes in a Berreta container. 12 gauge I am sure but one has a really big bore. Stainless Steel, 2 inches long and only marks I can find on 2 of 3 or the letters PB-F-SP. Anyone give me help on ID and possible worth? Thanks, Franko

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, so I finally figured out that my import O/U takes Beretta chokes. Here's my question, though: is there more than one kind of Beretta choke (Ruger has two styles, Browning has 2, etc)? Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have 3 Beretta chokes I need to find out what Beretta shotgun the chokes will fit. All three are in an "armi Beretta" clear tube. On one choke which gauged out as a cylinder bore has no clear markings. 1 has PB-F-SP stamped and the other has a PB-SK-SP stamp. Hate to assume anything but full and skeet special purpose comes to mind. Any help out there? Want to put on Gunbroker soon. Thanks, Frank
  • Options
    bigdog1bigdog1 Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have several new Beretta screw in choke tubes if you need them. Let me know, you won't beat my price...
  • Options
    bigdog1bigdog1 Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    To answer the question about having 2 different types of Beretta chokes, I am nearly 100% sure they only use 1 style.
  • Options
    claysclays Member Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The answer to your question is Beretta now has two different choke systems. The standard 2" flush mount system which is the more common, & the new Optima chokes which are 3 1/2" & extend past the muzzle for eaze of change. NO, they do not interchange.

Bob
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So all the flush chokes have the same style? Also, is a Mobile Choke the same as the old style, but extended? Thanks.

P.S. Bigdog, what are you asking on the chokes?
  • Options
    claysclays Member Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The mobile choke system is the factory flush mount system. There are many aftermarket chokes that will fit & extend past the muzzle. The main difference is the depth that the choke goes into the barrel. Unless you have a late model sporting gun, odds are you will have the mobile choke system. Optima chokes are designed for optima bored barrels only such as DT10 Trident & Silver Pigeon II & III. Beretta chokes are designated as Mobil Choke, Mobil choke Extended, Optima choke extended, & Optima choke plus. As stated before, Mobile chokes & Optima Bore chokes are not interchangeable.

Bob
  • Options
    OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I must have a really odd Beretta 12 guage O/U, 686 Onyx. I have the Beretta flush mount choke tubes full set and a full set of Beretta Victory extended choke tubes and its amazing but true, but they directly substitute one for the other. Or, at least they did this past weekend when I shot 250 plus sporting clays....[:)]

976371019-1.jpg "Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it." Lord Chesterfield