In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rem model 700 barrel length

Texas HunterTexas Hunter Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
Was the Remington 700 ever offered in short action with a 20 inch barrel and if so what years?
I am not asking about a youth model but the normal sized lop.

mike

Comments

• Options
    bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mike,

The Blue Book shows the 700 ADL Deluxe, short and long action, was made in a Carbine version, with 20 in. barrel, but doesn't give the years.

Lifetime shooter - please speak louder.
    -
    "Don't send flowers when I die. Send money now so I can buy more guns and ammo."
  • Options
    HKmanHKman Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Texas Hunter, I dont know if it is just dates you are looking for but here is some info.

The Rem 700P LTR (light tactical rifle) is available with a 20" barrel. It comes fluted, chambered in .308,.223 and .300SA ultra mag.

Check it out at http://www.remingtonle.com/rifle/700p.htm

I hope this is helpful[:)]

"The quieter you become,the more you can hear."

AC Tactical
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    I have Rem M700ADL,.308 made in 1962. It is as described, adult sized stock with short action and 20" barrel. I recall it was also available with a 20" barrel in 30-06, but that was with the long action. I don't know how many years they were available, but at least at the start of production they were a standard item.