In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The DP-28 is one of the coolest guns I ever seen!

grcwt55grcwt55 Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
edited June 2007 in Ask the Experts
I see a few sites selling them semi-auto completed, but is it possible to buy one of the many parts kits available and somehow get a semi auto reciever and semi auto parts, thus possibly saving lots of money? Thanks

Comments

• CobrayKidCobrayKid Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive seen (somewhere) semi receivers and 80% receivers for those and lots of old big machine guns. You could build it, but as far as saving money, I dunno.

I want to do a Sten. Or a Soumi. But a DP would be sweet. 7.62x54 semi has got to be a blast.
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    I have yet to see one of the Semi DP-28's that runs properly.
  • CobrayKidCobrayKid Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For how much money they want for one, it better run mint. I really wonder how much work would be involved in building a semi DP28.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: I have yet to see one of the Semi DP-28's that runs properly.
    Rich, there's only been a couple hundred made, how many have you seen???[:D]
    I know someone that has one, and it works without a glitch. They will gum up using the laquer coated steel ammo though.
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TRAP55
    quote: I have yet to see one of the Semi DP-28's that runs properly.
    Rich, there's only been a couple hundred made, how many have you seen???[:D]
    I know someone that has one, and it works without a glitch. They will gum up using the laquer coated steel ammo though.

3 from my local shooting club, all via MGS, who has since changed hands. Tried albanian brass cased light ball, Hungarian steel case heavy ball, Bulgarian brass case heavy ball, and New Winchester Brass cased(S&B). I haven't seen them get through a mag without several failures. They seem to shoot well enough when they do run.