In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 94 pre64

cause_I_can_in_the_usacause_I_can_in_the_usa Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited January 2010 in Ask the Experts
I have a winchester model 94 pre64 that has some minor scratches and wear on the bluing (no rust). Would having this re-blued lessen any value that the gun may have?

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, by at least 50%... and that does not include the fact that it will cost you at least $150 to have it reblued.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I will not do anything to it. Actually, I have looked at some pics online and my gun is in pretty good shape for the age I think it may be.
    Can I get some range on the age of the gun with the SN. I have seen much talk about SN and am a bit perplexed.
    My gun is the Winchester model 94 30-30 with a SN 1825821.
    Any help would be great.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1952 according to Berts production records given in the post on pre-64 model 94 at the top of this forum.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Serial number 1825281 was made in 1951 versus 1952. If you remove the forend stock and magazine tube, you should find "51" stamped on the bottom of the barrel near the receiver frame.

I will now go check my sticky post to see if it is in error... or if He Dog needs new glasses[;)]

Update... He Dog needs new glasses[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, It is stamped "51". Any information on the "EC" stamp just in front of the trigger?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cause_I_can_in_the_usa
    Thanks, It is stamped "51". Any information on the "EC" stamp just in front of the trigger?

The "EC" stamp is an inpection stamp place on the gun during the assembly process.