In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Best 30 Carbine Plinking Ammo, Tula or Wolf?

Fairlane66Fairlane66 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭
edited February 2010 in Ask the Experts
I'm going to buy 1000 rounds of 30 Carb ammo to use in my GI rifle for plinking and general range use. I'll probably load it into 15-round mags, but may also use 30-round mags. I've used Wolf ammo before and never experienced a problem, but I've heard recent Wolf ammo was lightly loaded and prone to cause jams. I have no experience with Tula 30 Carb ammo. Both seem to be competitively priced and either is definitely cheaper than the next closest competitor. Any thoughts on which is better--Wolf or Tula--based on accuracy and reliability?

Comments

• Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Both are inexpensive (sorta), and both function well in my carbine and Blackhawk; Tula does not like to be fired in my AMTIII pistol-I think it has (generally) case mouths too tight to fit the chamber. If I run out of Hirtenberg, I will have to get/make some more ammo for that gun.
  • Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    I have never had a problem with Wolf. As far as velocity I would say its similar or the same as Winchester and Remington.