In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt 1860 .44 Cal Revolver Part

winchestercollector66winchestercollector66 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited February 2010 in Ask the Experts
Was out scouting around yesterday and run across this old brass trigger guard housing at a local antique shop. Was wrote on the tag this was from a old 1860's Colt .44 Cal Revolver. From what I can make out it says 44 Cal on the left side plate. Their are no markings behing the trigger area so it leaves me to believe this would be off of a civialian model possibly. The serial number has been partial polished or rubbed away and I can make out the numbers 29 maybe a partial 3 or 8 as it is hard to tell. I have looked other trigger guard housing over on reproduction and original colts and find this one to be more like the original ones from the style of the brass casting. It measures roughly 41/2 inches long x 7/8 inches wide x 3 inches high. I have posted four pics for viewing and any information that you colt experts and collectors could give me would be great thanks alot K. Flowers
[img][/img]001201.JPG
[img][/img]002190.JPG
[img][/img]003171.JPG
[img][/img]004144.JPG

Comments