In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What .22 magazine is this?

aerolarkaerolark Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in Ask the Experts
I was collecting Squires-Bingham mags for Ruger 10/22 and thought this one would work but saw too many differences and it's been packed away in an ammo box for years.

I've placed a 30rnd Squires-Bingham mag for a 10/22 next to it for reference.

I don't see a magazine catch.
The lips are symetrical on both sides.
There's brass in the follower.
There's a brass pin in the buttplate.
It has a light matte finish instead of blue.

Not accurately shown is that it's about 1/2 inch longer than the 10/22 mag.

Just realized the feedlips/follower pic didn't post and just added it. Also, the mags are flipped in different pics, the one with the notched rib, black follower & buttplate pin is the squires-bingham 10/22 mag.

overview.jpg
feedlipsfollower.jpg
buttplate.jpg

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    It kind of looks like a magazine for the Thompson 22lr I had.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Close to one I had but the latch is off...
  • Options
    claysclays Member Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one on the left will fit an Armi Jager AK 22 & holds 29rounds. The one on the right will fit the Thompson .22 & the Bingham adapter for a Ruger 10-22.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by clays
    The one on the left will fit an Armi Jager AK 22 & holds 29rounds. The one on the right will fit the Thompson .22 & the Bingham adapter for a Ruger 10-22.

I think he's right... I used to collect the 10/22 mags also (still have 10), and managed to get a couple and they turned out to be for the AK22 as clays suggested...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    aerolarkaerolark Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've searched around the net quite a bit a couple times today and only found one photo of an AK22 with a long mag. It looks like this one might slip inside the long "dummy" outer frame in that photo. Is that how you guys remember it?
    All the others are 10 & 15 rndrs that are straight.

Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It seems like it aerolark. I know you want a positive answer and I can't say for sure. I haven't seen enough of them to know for sure, but that's what mine turned out to be and they looked very much like what you have.
    With my experience (which is limited mind you), I would place my bet it is as mentioned above.

You know, it looks like they are close enough that with a little filing, maybe bending the feed lips a tad you could modify them to shoot in the 10/22. Just a thought...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.