In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Double barrel shotguns

athosathos Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in Ask the Experts
I have a double barrel o/u shotgun, and i want information about this model.
Its a Fratelli Gamba 12G MONTREAL, CAM70,18.4, BELL CHOKE or TULA CHOKE i dont know for sure, barrels 64cm or 25'' from steel boehler.

I know that Fratelli Gamba means Gamba Brothers(sons of Giovanni Gamba shotgun maker) have stopped producing guns in 1989, and that their cousin Renato afterwards start producing Renato Gamba.

I heard that Fratelli Gamba made for Rottweil a skeet double barrel
shotgun for the Olympics 1972 in Montreal.

Anyway enough with history...
Is it a good, shotgun? Is it worth to have the specific shotgun?

They said to me that the value of this gun its from 2000 to 4000 EUROS
depends from guns condition. Is that true?

Its my first i write to this forum, i hope to learn more information
about my Gamba and its market value.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    i'm in the market for a sxs shotgun and i was wondering if i should get one with exposed hammers (old west style) or internal (modern).i kind of like the new style but was wondering about the exposed. are they better or worse than internal hammers ? keep in mind that the shotgun will be mainly a defensive gun. should i go with exposed or internal hammers? any help is appreciated.thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i want to ask someone about double barrel shotguns SxS. i want to purchase one. can anyone tell me about the guns from Zhongzhou machine works in china and one from century international arms, people are calling these coachguns. i also was wondering about the difference in guns from eastern arms that say (stevens model 311 designed.) value as well

thanks
  • Options
    safaritourssafaritours Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by athos
    Its a Fratelli Gamba 12G MONTREAL, CAM70,18.4, BELL CHOKE or TULA CHOKE i dont know for sure, barrels 64cm or 25'' from steel boehler.

I know that Fratelli Gamba means Gamba Brothers(sons of Giovanni Gamba shotgun maker) have stopped producing guns in 1989, and that their cousin Renato afterwards start producing Renato Gamba.

• Options
    safaritourssafaritours Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by athos

Hi my friend if you can get that for this gun sell it, value in Aust/New zealand is from 600 to 1000 dollars no more, however saying that it is a top gun, Perazzi are supposed to have coppied the trigger system I am told, a modern day Gamba say a careera sells for 6000 second hand so they are not a cheap gun by any means, the US has not had much to do with the Gamba range of older guns I am told but I have two Filli Gamba san remo s/s and they were made 1959 and valued at 4000 Euro the pair, all filli and Joseph Gamba guns were basicaly hand made,filli and Joseph and Renato were brothers and sons of George Gamba to my info and only Renato carried on I am told but I stand to be corrected cheers