In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

dan wesson 41 mag question

redman.com1redman.com1 Member Posts: 718 ✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
i have a dan wesson 41 mag, six in. barrel, blued. ser#c001776.is this gun from the original dan wesson company or the newer wesson arms? it was made in monson, mass. also need to know where i can find a barrel wrench? thanks.

Comments

• Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the wrench, check Numrich gun Parts (www.e-gunparts.com) as they should have it, or perhaps Sarco as they have lots of odds and ends. Also, you could try the folkes at the "new" Dan Wesson and I'm sure they can help as they would have acquired all parts and assets. Don't have my books with me today, so I cannot help with the history aspect, but I think that came from the "intermediate" period in Dan Wessons history when they were in transition from thier old location to their present digs.

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "Power corrupts...Absolute power corrupts absolutely"(Descartes?)
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
  • Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Monson (I believe) was the original location and the company moved to Palmer in the early to mid-90's

In 89 or 90 ownership/control of the company changed within the Wesson clan and that's when the Wesson Firearms Company name came about.

In the latter part of the 90's New York International (NYI) took the company over and relocated to Norwich, New York.

So I would say your revolver was mfg. in the early-90's, but it is possible that even at that time the company had changed names, but this was well before NYI came on the scene.

As for the wrench ... you've already got sources for that.

You may want to try contacting the new owner to find out more about your revolver, but from what I've heard the new outfit basically blows people off that have questions about products/etc. prior to NYI taking over. Heck it's worth the call even if they blow you off. Following is a link for contacting them:

http://www.danwessonfirearms.com/article/contact

2470100-M.jpg
    If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • Options
    redman.com1redman.com1 Member Posts: 718 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for all the info guys. redman