In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Taurus Millenium pro 45 230 grain?

silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
The hand book with my new taurus 45 millenium pro says 225 grain 900 muzzle velocity is the max load. So would it be okay to use 230 its only 5 grain diffence? And is it okay to use muzzle velocities over 900 if I dont exceed 230 grain. Or can I go over on both or over on one and not the other or stay below on both?! Help Im new to this stuff!

Comments

• Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    230 FMJ will be fine to shoot in that pistol. As for the hotter loads, in moderation only, I would not fire ALOT of +P loads thru it. For self defense, I would recommend Remington 230 Grain Golden Sabre or Federal 230 grain Hydrashock. They are not +P and will not have any adverse effect on your Taurus.

Chris8161
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
  • Options
    silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Chris8161. I really appreciate your help. That takes a load off me. Especially since my buddies that own other makes of 45s were sayin my 45 was junk. And I shoulda got one like theirs cause they said the 230 grain was standard and a 45 should shoot that. Especially the glock owners. But I like my Millenium pro. It ate everything I put through it so far and is just the weapon in the platform I wanted. [:D]
  • Options
    SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you have had alot better luck with your taurus than i did with mine... i will never own another one..if you like your gun and it suits your needs thats great and im happy for ya but there is a reason that taurus tells you not to abuse their guns with +p ammo..i really mean it when i say im happy for you but this is the experts forum and i happen to be an expert on how a taurus p-series is NOT supposed to perform ha ha

SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,RUSTY WALLACE FAN AND AS EVERYONE SO OFTEN POINTS OUT PISS POOR TYPIST e-mail alisonandwalt@charter.net