In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FP10? EEZOX?

jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
A fella recently recommended FP10 on the little Kahr 9mm, because of the tight short spring, and other stuff i didn't quite grasp.

Another shop just sold me on EEZOX for my little semi-auto.

i've always used Hoppes on my full-size pieces, but what about the smaller handguns? Is there a different lubrication requirement because of tighter tolerances and different recoil set-ups?

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    HELLO smaller does not mean tighter.Everybody has a "PET" oil I like BALLISTOL because it can be used on metal wood leather plastic and is non toxic you can even use it on plants to keep insects off. I hope you are useing HOPPIES oil as No. 9 is a solvent not oil
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    I use Hoppes solvent, Hoppes oil, and a little miltec grease on my stainless rails (and sometimes a dab on the locking lugs and slide-release/barrel-link).

This other stuff, EEZOX, is billed as a solvent/lubercant/rust preventative.

The gun looks great, and the lube seems efficient. I would use it on a carry piece, but the target guns would always get plenty of Hoppes oil.
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As previously stated, everybody has their own preference when it comes to oil. I use BreadkFree clp but have also on occasion used FP10 and Kroil. The last two are combination cleaners and lubricants as well as being good to loosen sticky screws and parts. I don't know of any special requirements that small pistol have that is different than large pistols and can only assume that the advice you are getting is based on someone else's favorite oil and not on need.