In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cape Gun??

mundayfliesmundayflies Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
I have a what looks to be a very old side by side shotgun/rifle. The only things that I can make out on the barrel are: KABA, 9 m/m, a #72 on the butt plate and what looks to be the number 4 on the right side of the reciever. The Left barrel is a smooth bore and is smaller than a 410 (possibly 36ga?) and the Right barrel is a 22. I am looking for any information possible about this firearm such as maker, model, where it comes from, value, or anything that you can tell me? Thanks in advance!

Shane

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WELCOME TO THE "SHOW" IT IS HARD TO VALUE A GUN WITHOUT CONDITION. I THINK WHAT YOU HAVE< HARD TO TELL FOR SURE WITH OUT PICS< IS A "GAMEKEEPER" THE SHOTGUN WOULD BE A 9MM . WINCHESTER AMOUNG OTHERS MADE A 9MM SHOTGUN. HOPE THIS HELPS TO GET YOU STARTED. LET US HAVE MORE INFO AND GOOD LUCK.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    KABA, KABA SPEZIAL --made for Karl Bauer & Company...also Kaba was a Trade name of Karl Bauer, Berlin Germany....A Noted German Dealer.... Handguns were made by August Menz,of Suhl, Germany...and Francisco Arizmendi, Eibar, Spain and guns built by F/A bear the Kaba name also..Circa 1920/25 Maker of the Shotgun/Rifle guns are unknown to this Author...Its been aluded that Some guns were made in Belguim on Contract...Check Proof Marks and Post same if posible...

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just a FYI thing
    The 32ga has a .526" bore
    The .410bore would be a 68ga
    There is a 360 Centerfire (99ga) a 9.1x40mm (101ga), and a 9mm CF (105ga) These were used mainly in Europe .
    Than there are the 9mm (105ga) and smaller rimfires (down to the 20cal Wingo, 582ga)
    My ref dosn't show a 36ga shotshell.

Is your shot barrel a CF or a RF?

Whittemore
    Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.
  • Options
    mundayfliesmundayflies Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I forgot to mention that there is the number 509 on the barrel and it is a rimfire. Thanks again