In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value for Colt Govt Model

Frisco BillyFrisco Billy Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
Howdy,
Can one of you fine folks please help me with an estimated value for a Colt .45 ACP Government Model S/N 332679-C. I believe that the year of manufacture is 1970 so this would be one of the last Commercial / Civilian models before the Series 70? Blued finish, approximately 90-95%, some holster wear but overall excellent and a good shooter. Completely stock with no mods or aftermarket add-ons. Has original box and owner's manual. I am considering purchasing the gun from a
friend so I don't want to overpay but I also don't want to hose him on the deal. Thank you.
Best regards,
Frisco Billy

Comments

• Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    A local shop tends to tag these at $600 - $800, even when they are worth about $400 (and the shop keeps 20%). Unless it is marked ANGLO ZAKAZIVIT (in Russian characters), it is a common civilian model, with 336169 produced from 1911 through 1970. My 1980 Flayderman's puts it at about $300. When the sun comes up on the East coast, you'll have a better idea.

But as I began, the local shops tag the Colts pretty high. Maybe because you cannot import them?
  • Options
    cody45cody45 Member Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the c prefix guns from the roaring twenties and gangster/depression era seem to get the most interest and $$$$$. I guess its the Bonnie & Clyde deal. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The C changed from prefix to suffix around 1950. And 332679C indeed looks like 1970. Maybe a $500-600 pistol?
  • Options
    Frisco BillyFrisco Billy Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your input guys. $500.00 or so sounds like a fair
    price to me when I average out your figures.
    Thanks again - Frisco Billy.