In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

9mm ammo recommendations?

Blood-LoveBlood-Love Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have any suggestions on ammo choices for a cheap Jennings M59 9mm?
---->[xx(]

Comments

• Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    That depends on how picky of an eater it is. When it hangs up multiple times with a brand of ammo, try switching to another brand. When that hangs up try something else. The best target round value i've found is the winchester 100 round box. You can find it at wally world for around $11. On the other hand if you are carrying it for defense try federal hydrashok's. You can probably use any JHP that isn't a +p load in your gun.
  • Options
    schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really like the "British Aerospace Royal Ordnance" clean prime. (green box). You can easily find it here on GB.com.....cheap too.
  • Options
    wm69wm69 Member Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bass Pro shops has winchester white box usa 9mm ball for a little under $100/ 1000. Good stuff.
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Not to counter any opinions, but I'd be sure a brand fed reliably before buying a brick. BTW, the gun probably won't make it throu a brick anyway [:D]
  • Options
    BigBarnBigBarn Member Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The best ammo to use in that particular firearm, is "Nothing"
    The Jennings is by far the biggest piece of "S-T" you will ever come across! Please do not shoot anything in it except the lowest power shells that you can find! Seriously, they are dangerous firearms, not to be taken lightly! A friend of mine bought that exact pistol, and the first time he fired it, the slide flew off on recoil, and damned near took his head off! True story!
    Please think about what you are getting into, before you get into it!

Just my humble opinion!

BigBarn

"Respect the land, and it will respect you"
  • Options
    OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Having owned a Bryco Jennings product, and having been frustrated to no end trying to figure out how to get a reliable direction shot, much less, a shot grouping of less than 4 feet; I can tell you that I feel much better knowing that my Bryco Jennings is in a bucket of concrete serving as a boat anchor. Much better use.....

976371019-1.jpg "Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it." Lord Chesterfield
  • Options
    heavyironheavyiron Member Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would go to Wal-Mart and buy a box of Federal for about $9.00.

Heavy[8D]
  • Options
    HKmanHKman Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In this particular firearm, I would'nt use any kind of high-energy ammo, Especially hydra-shock. I dont know if your weapon will feed these correctly without some work on the ramp. Besides that, really hot ammo will literally destroy that gun.

If you want some good practice ammo try MAGTECH.(gold not blue) The blue is a little hotter.

I have put about 600rnds through my 9mm without any misfires.(thats from one batch). You can buy these for about $8.50 per box.

"The quieter you become,the more you can hear."

AC Tactical