In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Peep sight for a grooved 22 reciever?

richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone make a decent reciever peep sight for a 22 that drops onto the standard rails... I have a really nice savage 24 that someone messed up when they tore the origional rear sight off any thought that a peep might be nice.

rich

My border collie is smarter than your honor student.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Williams makes a couple models, specifically to fit .22 receviers.
    There in Brownells Catalog www.brownells,com

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditto on Williams and Brownells. They (Williams) make several receiver sights for standard .22 grooved receivers (Guide, Foolproof, & 5D) and at least 1 (I think it's called the Guide) for the much narrower groove set up atop the .22 barrel on some break open rifle/shotgun combo's like your 24 (if it's the one I'm thinking of)
    I've put several of each of the above on various .22's and love them.
    Good luck.
    Rob

Rob
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i just picked one up...
    found it while sorting through some junk at the shop. the iris is offset in the sight disc... you spin / flip it to change from 50yd setting to 100 yd setting...

i have not tried it out yet, but i did mount it on several .22 rifles to test out the fit. i had never seen one like this before.

best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
    contact me at the shop at waltsgun@aol.com best regards, mike.
  • Options
    moose56moose56 Member Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There have been from time-to-time some receiver mounted peep sights on Gunbroker or Ebay that came with the Browning .22LR rifles. They slide right onto the top scope mount grooves.

Moose

"I will follow the path of others some of the time, but most of the time I prefer to make my own path." - Mike Moyle
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Williams makes one that is kinda neat in the respect that you can real easily switch between peep and normal blade sights. I'd think for a Savage 24 that setup might be ideal. Use the peep for slower targets such as squirrel and sitting rabbits and then switch to blade for when the rabbits are bolting a lot.
    The 24 is a great gun for those two species. If I put a peep on one I'd use the most open aperture I could find...

Oh, I forgot to mention, they (Williams) make one that fits both the grooved receiver, AND one that will fit the normal dovetail slot. For some guns the dovetail might be too far forward, but the 24 it might not be too bad...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.