In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old A5

wrangler512wrangler512 Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
edited January 2007 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know the vale of a Browning A5 that was actually made by Remington back I think during ww2. If I have my facts wrong correct me. I Inherited one of these and it could use some refinishing not horrible but old and used. Just wondering if it is worth it or is it better off like it is

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington did indeed manufacture Browning A5 shotguns during WW II (and shortly after the war), and they are referred to as "American" Brownings. Typically, they only sell for about 50-60% of the money that the Belgian Browning A5s sell for (in identical condition). In my opinion, it is not worth the cost of having it reblued, as you will actually lose some of the value (and be out the cost of the refinish as well).
  • Options
    wrangler512wrangler512 Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks bert. NIce info it was my grandfathers and I like the way it looks now. Notalgic family heirloom I guess I have shot it alot but more recoil than I would want on the dove field all day though