In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Win. model 94

MoD_EagleMoD_Eagle Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
edited January 2007 in Ask the Experts
anyone know an approx. Value? the age? i went to http://www.bbhc.org/firearms/records.cfm
but couldn't find anything. it's my grandfathers, he died in early '70s so i think its pre '64. I know you get posts like this all the time but i'm out of ideas.
mod94s.jpg
DSC01478.jpg
DSC01484.jpg
DSC01486.jpg
DSC01483.jpg

Comments

• Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many numbers do you have blocked out?
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    The Cody Museum charges $55 for a letter if you aren't a member. Also, as gearheaddad pointed out, you blanked out too many numbers or didn't say how many are blank so we don't know how many digits are in your serial number.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello PRE 1964 post WW II Price You can either look at closed auctions at this site and search on winchester model 94 or Some of the WINCHESTER guys will be able to narrow it down Like BERT H and others .
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am going to assume that the serial number is in the 1.63 million range (though I really do wonder why you went to the trouble of blanking out the last four digits of the serial number). If my assumption is correct (and based on the barrel markings), your Model 94 Sporting Carbine was manufactured circa 1952.

The Cody Firearm Museum does not have the original factory ledgers for serial numbers greater than 353,999 for the Model 1894/94.

I noticed in the pictures that it has a non-factory original rear sling eye screwed into the buttstock... does it also have one in the forend stock?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sorry bout blocking too many letters. btw i don't know why youre supposed block out the last several digits anyway. thats just how ive seen it done. anyway the s# is 163 91 XX. yes mr Bert H.,
    it does have a sling-eye clamped on to the mag tube.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    also, is there a downloadable owners manual out there or do I have to buy one on EBay?
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MoD_Eagle
    sorry bout blocking too many letters. btw i don't know why youre supposed block out the last several digits anyway. thats just how ive seen it done. anyway the s# is 163 91 XX. yes mr Bert H.,
    it does have a sling-eye clamped on to the mag tube.

There is no reason to block out any of the digits... only the paranoid or intentionally deceptive people do it (and I am not inferring that you are in either of those categories).

The non-factory original sling eyes are a minor down check to the potential collector value. Additionally, it shows a fair amount of bluing loss on the bottom and edgee of the receive (normal for a gun that was used as an everday hunting gun). My estimate of the value is $350 - $375 on most days.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the help every especilly bert, helped a bunch
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    You can download a manual for free at http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm