In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FFL Dealers Question?

XP100XP100 Member Posts: 436 ✭✭
edited January 2007 in Ask the Experts
Do you find it unreasonable to send an FFL to another dealer for a couple of old military guns that are transfers for a customer? I recently received 2 and there was No FFL enclosed. When I called the sending dealer asking for a copy of his FFL he told me to show him in the law where I needed a copy of his FFL. I told hm it is not the law it is what I ask for to cover by a$%. He got obnoxious and told me I didn't need one and maybe the state I am in should cecede from the US. I told him if didn't receive a copy I would return the guns to him.. He sent an FFL but put on the bottom " The problem in the gun industry is people like you. Does everyone else with an FFL sending guns to another dealer send a copy ? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guy sounds like a real ahole to me.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most of my suppliers enclose a copy marked FILE ONLY- which makes it simple for me to enter in my bound volume. But no, is not required by statue- just that recieving FFL enter data in their volume. Sorry, sounds as if the Hoppe's fumes produced CNS damage to your seller.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, first - although he asserts he has one you don't know if he has an FFL until he sends a copy to you, correct?

I think your approach is entirely reasonable. If I were a dealer I would want to know for certain where the gun comes from. As a dealer, this is your livelihood and how you put food on the table. And keep yourself out of trouble with the various agencies who would be more than happy to fine you, put you out of business & toss you in jail. Fortunately I don't look like Ned Beatty & I don't want to play "Deliverance" in jail.

30 seconds and two pieces of paper to help prevent all that? Sounds fine to me.
  • Options
    MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I usually send a copy of my FFL although I have forgot in the past. It is just common sense.