In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

value of a .38 Webley Mark IV

nancynancy Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 2007 in Ask the Experts
Looking for the value and approx. age of a .38 Webley revolver Mark IV 86255---Police Dept. says the gun is in mint condition---they said the barrel is barely pitted. also have mint condition leather case and cleaning kit for it.....any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are two currently running on Gunbroker auction. One at $290 and one at $695. The more expensive one is listed as a Toronto Police issued revolver. I have seen these at gun shows (but not very many) ranging from $250 to $350.

You mention that the barrel is hardly pitted, then if it is pitted at all it won't be in mint condition. You can look at the pictures of the ones on Gunbroker auction and compare them with yours. Bear in mind these are the asking prices. You might check Completed Sales in Gunbroker for these revolvers to give an idea what they really bring.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I agree with John Carr stating a gun is mint with the barrel barely pitted is a great ad . I hope they never tell me I am fine just barely dead. The holster and cleaning kit would be a PLUS .