In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rem 700 adl

ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
edited January 2007 in Ask the Experts
What will I have to pay for a used Remington 700 ADL with wood stock or synthetic for in 7 mm mag. Roughly Good to very good shape?

Comments

• ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    I have come across a 700 adl in 204 ruger is the adl some kind of cheap line? remington does not even list it on thier website. does anyone know why?
  • Ronald J. SnowRonald J. Snow Member Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This version of the 700 has been replaced by the SPS. RJSnow
  • firebawlpfirebawlp Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As far as I know, the only difference was that the ADL has a hidden magazine instead of a clip or floorplate, and usually a different stock.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ADL was a less expensive version of the BDL. The BDL had a hinged magazine floor plate, the ADL did not. The BDL has a nicer stock, checkering, white accents and black end caps, the ADL did not.

The BDL models were also available in more calibers than the ADL. The actions were basically the same in both guns.
  • godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the adl was a synthetic blind magazine cheap sub for a bdl.was replaced by the sps other than the hinged floorplate i like the adl better. i have a 22-250 and a 243 they are both great shooters.
  • greystonegreystone Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought my ADL in the fall of 1971. I still have it and still shoot it. Nice little gun and still very accurate
  • PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Way back about 1968 I bought a new 700 ADL in 7mm Remington Mag which I still own and use. I would have preferred the BDL's floorplate which one could open and dump the magazine quickly and easily, but I was turned off by the black plastic fore-end tip, whiteline spacers, and gaudy fleur-de-lis pressed checkering pattern. So I bought the more plain and simple styled 700 ADL. The rifle has always been exquisitely accurate. The blind magazine hasn't proved any big problem, and I've never inadvertently dumped my cartridges. The fit and finish back then was essentially equal between the ADL and BDL, only the above-mentioned stock differences. And the price difference then was minimal. Later on, the BDL was significantly higher-priced, the ADL a synthetic-stocked price leader often seen at Waly World etc., and the BDL high-polished with wood stock, etc.