In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SAVAGE/ANSCHUTZ MODEL 54 SPORTER

jmhagan81jmhagan81 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have a model 54 Sporter Caliber .22 LR. The markings on the rifle say made in West Germany, and also say Westfield, Mass., U.S.A. Ulm, West Germany. This rifle was given to me by my Grandfather. I have had it for 15 years now and was very curious on the history of this weapon and the value.

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello This in my opinion is one of the best 22 Sporters ever made made 1963-1981 NEW in the box $750.00 + excellent condition $500.00
  • HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anschutz products were marketed through Savage, thus the US address. I have one of these and agree with Perry Shooter that is one of the fines .22 rifles ever made. I think Anschutz still manufactures a similar rifle on the model 54 action.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have the finest most accurate .22 rifle made, PERIOD. If you need more info call champions shooter supply in Albany OH. They sell a lot of Anschutz rifles and are great folks to deal with.

You really should get some high end .22 ammo and shoot that rifle from a bench. The accuracy is almost scary when you find the ammo they like..
  • md1634md1634 Member Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try some eley products like thier 10X rifle ammo, I think you will be pleased.