In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S%W mod. 35

zoritozorito Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
edited February 2007 in Ask the Experts
a co-worker has offered to sell one of these in 32acp cal. icannot find any listed on GB or any of the other sites i visit .is it really that rare? and if so what would it be worth? its about 80-85% &he wants in excess of one grand. any help appriciated as always Z

Comments

• Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AKA mdl of 1913. Originally made in .35 (that's THIRTY FIVE) caliber. Understand also made in .32 The model was made from 1913-1923 or so. Fairly scarce, but think the price is on the steep side. Anyone else got an idea?
  • Options
    tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    Is it marked .32 ACP???? My guides say 32 but no ref. to acp My guess that it is .32 S&W such as these.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=176720
  • Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Confusing post.

If you are talking about a Model 35 that would be a 22 lr. revolver on an improved I frame. Known as the Model of 1953 22/32 Target before receiving the Model 35 stamping in 1957. Revolvers mfg. 1953-1973. This model was never chambered in anything other than 22 lr.

If your talking about a semi-auto pistol ... I would guess your referring to the Clement Design. Mfg. from 1913-1921 in the propreitary 35 S&W Auto (aka Model of 1913). Following this pistol was a 32 acp model, s/n range 1-957, which makes them pretty rare. So if this is what your asking about then, in good or better condition the pistol is worth $1,000 to $2,000+

If neither of the above apply to what your talking about, then I think a little more info. needs to be provided.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've bought guns that I knew nothing about, but only when they were cheap. I would never spend a lot of money for a collectible that I knew nothing about; it is a sure recipe for disaster.

Neal
  • Options
    Hardrada55Hardrada55 Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is one for sale on {elsewhere} for $1500
  • Options
    zoritozorito Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for all the help. it is indeed the semi-auto.by the way where is elsewhere???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gunbroker filters the name of that website.
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    The S&W model 35 auto is a .32 pistol!

They are not that rare and sell at gun shows in the $250.00 range for one in excellent condition.......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Refer to Contender Man's post. They only made 957 S&W Model 35 in .32acp.
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    There was one for sale at the last York, PA gun show and it didn't sell at the asking price of $250.00......

The Blue Book does not agree with a price anywhere near $2000+ for one. The highest value on a 100%er would be $700.00.

I believe you are confusing the .32 auto S&W with the model 35 auto S&W (also a .32 caliber)...........
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zorito
    thanks for all the help. it is indeed the semi-auto.by the way where is elsewhere???

To clear up the confusion regarding which model S & W auto your being offered, and it's value? Get hold of a copy of "Flayderman's Guide" to antique American firearms. He has pictures and descriptions of both versions. As the previous posters noted, there is a substantial difference in the values between .35 & .32.