In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My first CZ52 how to care ferit

mikmikmikmik Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited February 2007 in Ask the Experts
I just bought my first CZ52 & it's my first gun [:D] From the previous posts it looks like I should be already ordering a firing pin. Any other suggestion on sights, care for the gun?
Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to this site http://makarov.com/cz52/ much excellent information available.
  • Options
    jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just don't dry fire your CZ-52. I broke a firing pin this way. Won't hurt to have an extra one on hand though.
  • Options
    jbc23060jbc23060 Member Posts: 499 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two and they're fun to shoot. i also have purchased an extra firing pin and barrel. The original barrels are 50yrs old so it doesn't hurt to have a spare.....especially if you shoot corrosive ammo.
  • Options
    skipjackoneskipjackone Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First things first; ya gotta change the brittle firing pin for a new one. Lots available for about $15. There are custom wooden grips available to dress it up a bit . (Why bother, it looks like a tank anyway). The CZ52 fires a real screamer so hang on and have a good backstop.
  • Options
    mikmikmikmik Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks a lot!
    I found that "good" firing pins are hard to come by, will go & look for them at the gun show this weekend. Never thought of getting a second barrel, that sounds like a good idea too, especially that I am planning on using some of that Romanian ammo from AIM, it's cheap.
    Thanks again & happy shooting.
  • Options
    dtknowlesdtknowles Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have three CZ 52's all with the original firing pins. If you don't dry fire they should not break. If you get aftermarket firing pins make sure they are stock geometry so the do not defeat the firing pin block. The combination of the hammer drop safety and firing pin block are a significant safety feature of the CZ 52. You might want to search the forum and the web on how to reduce the weight of the trigger pull without disableling the firing pin block. I have one in 7.62 x 25, one in 9 x 19, and one in 9 x 23 and a spare barrel in 7.62 x 25. The 9 x 23 has a stronger recoil spring. I expect to modify one of the slides with modern combat sights. I think the lines on the CZ 52's are much more attractive than that of the Browning derived designs and much better than the Blocks that have been released lately. To me the CZ is shaped a lot like the Walther PP's or Mauser HSC for more of a streamlined look.

Tim
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome aboard , Good Luck on the great purchase , learn to dissasemble and clean and maintain this one (its simple) , you may need to invest in a few replacement parts (firing pin,ect.)...
    Good Luck !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn
  • Options
    gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All good stuff. I may buy the extra barrel too, but not because you're shooting corrosive ammo. The corrosive ammo is not a major problem as long as you clean up well using the corrosive ammo mantra.
    Also, some milsurp in that caliber is HOT for various reasons. I've not had a problem, but you notice it right away.

ENJOY !