In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Darne Shotguns

PdurandPdurand Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 2007 in Ask the Experts
Hello,
This past week I was at the SCI in Reno and saw many beautiful guns. One of these caught my eye. It is a French gun called the Darne. I wanted to know if anyone had any experience shooting with this gun. It has quite a unique design.

The website to the maker is DarneUSA.com

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Phil

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    This brand & design of shot-gun has been made for many years and is well thought of HOWEVER like you stated it has an action unlike any other non custom made double barrel It also has a different style of sighting plane I seems very low down between the barrel instead or a raised vent rib type that we are Familiar with . They do hold their value well but you have to find the right buyer if you can't get use to the action and later want to sell. your best option would go some place to try one at sporting clays or in the field .This is highly unlikely so my advice BUY it we can never have too many guns .
  • Options
    RobinRobin Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forums. The Darne design dates back to the late 19th century. It is a unique design and supposedly a very strong action. I have 2 Darne's in 16 gauge that were given to me by my father-in-law. He "liberated" 3 of them at the Darne factory in St. Etiene, France in 1944 or 1945. They still work but one stock is cracked. I would like to send them to a qualified gunsmith for a detailed cleaning and assessment and see if the stock could be repaired or replaced. Mine Darnes are both the Halifax model.

You don't see many of these. They make quite a conversation piece.
  • Options
    KBAR-04KBAR-04 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have several of these as well, once which I (with difficulty) managed to get from my grandfather's estate in France. Very solid and well balanced shotguns.