In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

can I find out the age of my 62a by serial # ?

loknload38loknload38 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2007 in Ask the Experts
I was given an older looking Winchester model 62a by a dear friend who isn't sure how long his Grand Father had before him. the serial # is 140815. If that tells anybody anything I would be most greatful for any tips.

Comments

• Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The serial number will pin the DOM down to within one-month. Unfortunately, I will not be able to look it up until later today, but from memory, it should be very near to the commencement of WW II.
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to Schwing's book your rifle was produced in early November 1941. Bert was off by nearly 37 days.[:D][;)][}:)]

Good friend!
    standard.jpg
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wundudnee
    According to Schwing's book your rifle was produced in early November 1941. Bert was off by nearly 37 days.[:D][;)][}:)]

Good friend!

Damn... it is really good to know that the old grey matter is still working properly[^].
  • loknload38loknload38 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow! You guys are Good! and Bert I think that was close enough to impress any one. Thanks Guys! Mike