In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

T/C ICON

Moe1Moe1 Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
edited February 2007 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone shot one yet? are they compareble to the Tikka? How is the accuarcy?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    As seen on Guns & Ammo TV, someone from Thompson Center showed their new bolt action rifle the ICON. Anyone have any information. It's on T/C website but nothing else?

Thanks[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One of my local FFL's offered me a deal on a NIB Icon in .22/.250. I had been thinking of getting one in .308 but I already have several .308's and only one .22/.250 and this deal is probably too good to pass up. Besides, I have a nice old 10X Burris laying around here doing nothing that would match up well with a .22 centerfire.

I'm wondering if any one has any experience with these rifles. I've seen a couple at gun shows and there are a bunch of them on the auction side. Most of them start at high dollar (800+) and there seem to be no takers. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Moe1,

Use the search tab in the upper right corner and enter the term "T/C ICON". There should be 3 or so threads. Virtually all of the firearms forums have been buzzing about this new rifle for the last 2 months so you can check those also. Even the sniper/tactical forums are running long threads on the design.

Here is T/C's website:

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/Icon.php

G & A magazine article:

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/long_guns/tcicon_010807/

http://www.6mmbr.com/index.html

Best.
  • Options
    PdogPdog Member Posts: 291 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rifleshooter had a article this month to, and I seen one in some other mag besides G&A. But one thing I am not sure on is ship date. I am thinking of making one my next rifle. But I am a cheapie, so might be to nice for my wallet.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    G&A has the price at $800, but I haven't been able to confirm it.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Moe1
    G&A has the price at $800, but I haven't been able to confirm it.

$750.00 is what I can get them for....OUCH!
  • Options
    jmillerrpdjmillerrpd Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    first time on this forum. I happened to attend a dealers show this tuesday that has a pre-production Icon. Salesman stated the following : ship date augest 2007, production rifles will have slimer stocks and msp will be in the area of $800.00. Calibers will be all short action and be limiter to 30TC, 308, & 243. Rifle wood looks good and metal finish good. I did not like the rear of the bolt as it looked dangerous with a very sharp end. the butter knife bolt handle looked crude. Supposedly the first 6000 or so rifles will have very good quality wood as the company has that many blanks in stock from years ago.
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jim, I agree with your assessment 100%

There rear of that bolt - cocking indicator has my engineering/design nostrils aflaring!