In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bolt Action Rifle

windyeewindyee Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
edited June 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have a bolt action rifle and this is the informatin on it:

Says: Erfurt 1916 - Bolt Action - has crown insignia above the word Erfurt. The number 7054 is on the stock of the rifle.

I am trying to figure out it's origin, and would eventually like to sell it.

Thank you.

Donna

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a rifle giving to me by a friend and i'm having a problem trying to identify, the barrel has been totally re-blued and the only markings i can find on the rifle is mag-79773 and can't find any other numbers or markings on this gun, is there anyway to find this infomation out.

Thanks

Ray
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Update,Bolt Action NOT Lever Action
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have a WW1 German Mauser, 8mm. It was made at the Erfurt arsenal.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Value would be based on originality and present physical condition. The only way we can help you determine the current FMV, is if you post quality photos of the rifle.
  • Options
    ern98ern98 Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What you need to look for next is for other markings to determine if it is a marked import or a wartime bringback. Is it in stock as issued configuration or has it been modified. Lastly overall condition of the finish, wood, bore, etc.