In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

need help with I.D of 2 oldies unmarked

vinewoodcabvinewoodcab Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited June 2007 in Ask the Experts
Hi thanks for looking I am looking at these two guns for sale the first is a military WWI-WWII with 2 different 4 digit serial type numbers on each side of barrel being different there is a light unreadable stamp that looks like it starts with bra but not sure the other 3 pics are a shotgun I have never seen maybe a replica or?? but has flint type hammer but takes standard 12 ga shell any ideas someone tried to clean the writing on this 1 and wore off what was left also if I bought them how much should I pay thanks in advance.
hopefully pics are here
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=16946294&uid=9097875&members=1

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    vinewoodcab,

The magazine rifle is a conversion of the 1870 Italian Vetterli to use the 4 round Vitali magazine which was utilized by the M1871/88 Dutch Beaumont-Vitali. Reference 1870 Vetterli-Vitali.

http://www.militaryrifles.com/Italy/ItalVetVitali.htm

Best.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The shotgun was originally a French muzzle loaded rifle that was converted to a breech loader in the late 1860's. Many were sold as surplus in the U.S. after being converted to shotguns, in the late 19th Century. They are generally known to collectors as "Zulu" guns, and don't have a high value, your looking at $50 to $150.

The Bolt Action rifle appears to be a Italian Model 1870/87 Vetterli-Vitali rifle. It's difficult to ascertain it's condition from your one photo. Even if it's in original condition and very good cosmetically they don't generally command a high value to collectors. My 2?, $150-$250.