In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How long?? Another FFL question...

jethrojethro Member Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
edited December 2007 in Ask the Experts
I sent in my application for my ffl last week. I was wondering if anyone would care to tell how long it has been taking recently to get their license. I had one until '01 and am trying to get back into the business. Last time it was about 12 weeks before I even got to the interview stage.

It is going to be a long winter waiting!!

Mike

Comments

• Options
    SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got mine a couple months ago. It took about 3 months.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give or take 90 days.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just an update for those interested. My check has just cleared the bank. At least there is some movement at this point. Now comes the waiting.....
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well , by ATF reg.s , they have to make a decission in ??? (either 60 or 90 days) ??? but who knows , when I renewed my ffl for the shop a few moths back , seemed to take a while , when I called , was informed they had 'misplaced' the renewal (org.) form , a few days later was called and it had been found and we got the renewed ffl soon ???
    Good Luck !!!
    d.a.stearns a.k.a. SKEEZIX
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn
  • Options
    gharghar Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't make the mistake of showing your home as license location. They can come search your place without notice or search warrant anytime they wish.quote:Originally posted by jethro
    I sent in my application for my ffl last week. I was wondering if anyone would care to tell how long it has been taking recently to get their license. I had one until '01 and am trying to get back into the business. Last time it was about 12 weeks before I even got to the interview stage.

It is going to be a long winter waiting!!

Mike
  • Options
    AZEXAZEX Member Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They can search whatever they want. It's called a Warrant and getting one is not too hard for ATF if they have the flimsiest of reasons.

Being a licensee has it's drawbacks.

D.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The last time I had one, I never had an ATF agent or investigator on the place. My initial interview was held at a local Dairy Queen as he passed through town.

My shop is on my place, but it is a copletely seperate building. No paperwork or guns ever enter my house unless it is my own personal gun. The ATF in this area has been good to deal with.

Now to get it cleaned up and a new display counter made!

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just thought I would post an update to any that are interested in current times for licensing. I called the ATF today to check the status of my FFL. I was told that I am through the FBI check and my application has been sent to the local compliance officer.

This is moving much faster than the first time I had my FFL. Now if only I could get the number for my compliance officer and talk to him/her maybe I could get going quickly.

Mike