In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Model 629 differences

rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
edited February 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have a 629-1 6" barrel with a nickeled? hammer and trigger. I also have a 629-4 (Backpacker 3" barrel) with a case hardened trigger and hammer. Was this a standard change for the variation/revision or was it something that was done to individual guns.

Comments

• Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't give the specifics of what Smith did for each change, but the "dash number" models represent slight modifications in the original model and incorporated on the newer guns. My 29 - 2 is slightly different than a 29 which is different from a 29 - 1. Same thing for the 19s, the 27s and so on. It isn't peculiar to your particular gun.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Most of the stainless S&W'S come with stainless trigger and hammer. The one you have with the case hardened was probably ordered that way. The -numbers are enginering changes made.-1 first change -4, fourth one.