In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Best Vintage .22 Scopes for Mossberg M44

WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
edited February 2008 in Ask the Experts
Have been contemplating which would be the best vintage .22 scopes for the Mossberg M44 which still has its peep sights mounted and which I do not want them removed and would even prefer a removable scope so as to be able to either shoot with the peep sights or the scope.
Apparently finding a mint Mossberg M4D scope seems highly unlikely, so I was considering the vintage Weaver .22 scopes, were they used with these rifles btw; any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If by vintage you mean 40s & 50s there are plenty of steel Weavers available. A 10X with AO would look pretty much at home.
  • Options
    WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would like to be at 4 power or below.
    Have seen scopes like the Weaver B4 and G4 for instance and they seemed like well made vintage steel scopes and 3/4 inch tube I believe. Havlin has a side mount for .22 scopes to mount onto the Mossberg 44, but I am not familiar with them or if the vintage .22 scopes would work with them?

Also,
    Where can a person get parts for Mossberg M4D scopes and vintage Weaver .22 scopes?
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Weaver type M-1 mount is what you need for the model 44. There are a few Weaver B 4 scopes on Ebay.