In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

H&K or Glock

glock__26glock__26 Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
edited February 2008 in Ask the Experts
I own a Glock 26 and a Taurus 24/7 9mm DAO. I am looking to boot the Taurus and get another full size. I am debating between another Glock (17 model) or the H&K USP 9mm...maybe even the USP compact. I have never had any trouble with my little 26, and it has has alot of rounds through it, but it is just simply my ccw gun...I want something more comfortable to shoot at the range, and want to get out of the Taurus business. Any opinions on the H&K?

Comments

• Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    I'm not knocking HK, they do make good guns. However, IMHO they are overpriced for what they are. In reliability tests, the Glock murders the HK USP series. So if you are a frugal gunaholic like I am, if the Glock fits, then wear it. I also really love the Steyr M9A1 as well.
  • Options
    AZEXAZEX Member Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    get a 19, unless you have huge hands. It just feels right. AND all your 19 mags can be used in the 26 in a pinch.

D.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,628 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would also say to give the 19 a try over the 17.
  • Options
    glock__26glock__26 Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was leaning towards another glock also because after all, I've bought one of those hi-dollar rear sight pushers, and the second glock would help pay for the tool as well.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    You might want to look at the Glock-34. Depends how big you want to go.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot IDPA and chose the HK over the Glock (I have both) when I compete. To me it points better and is more accurate.

I like an external hammer, and you can have the action set to the type you desire, I believe there are 12 or 16 variations you can choose.
  • Options
    CutiegirlracingCutiegirlracing Member Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the G17 and a USP 40. Both are great guns, but Glock is a much better deal. Plus the clips in the G17 will work in the G26.

The HK isn't a bad gun, but HK care more about it's goverment contracts than it does about the common gun owner like you and me.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If those are your only choices, go with that GLOCK. That rear sight pusher, will not only just work on your Glock. It will work on other guns too.
  • Options
    kamikazetsunamiskamikazetsunamis Member Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd save up for a sig instead.
  • Options
    BigBarnBigBarn Member Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Might want to look/think about the Springfield XD9 also. Very good deal in todays market, and very good shooter. Also very reliable and great to carry. It now comes with a carry case, holster, and two magazines, and can be had for about $525.00. At least look at one before you buy something else.
    jmho!
    BigBarn[:o)]