In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Win mod 52C ammo ?

cattle buyercattle buyer Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
edited February 2008 in Ask the Experts
Any you guys shoot Lapua Midas L or M the L has a 5.69mm dia ,M 5.67mm .... I was gonna try em to see which shoots the best, my two 52C s love Federal auto match and Wolf match target. very best

Comments

• Options
    MadmanMadman Member Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cattle Buyer;
    My Suhl 150 loves Lapua M...will one hole all day if the operator does his part. Woud like to get a 52 one of these days.

Paul
    Mountain Magic Gunsmithing
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello Lapua makes some very good Ammo. But the next statement /opinion I truly believe. "The worst lot of any brand of match ammo is not as good as the best lot of any other brand of ammo". What I am trying to say Is with proper testing set up one lot of say Eley 10X might shoot better then one lot of Lapua Midas L yet another lot of Lapua Midas might shoot better then the Eley 10X . The only way to tell is by testing \ You can bet the top shooters buy large quantities of a number of lots of ammo and then use the lot that shoots the best in matches. Places like Champions Choice www.champchoice.com stock large amounts of ammo with same lot number you can even request a certain lot number I used to buy a brick of about 10 lots of 2 or three brands at Camp Perry come back home and test and then call Homer at Champions Choice and get him to ship the LOT of The Brand that shot best in my Gun /Guns you may find one brand shoots best in one gun and another brand shoots best in the second gun.
  • Options
    wwg55wwg55 Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the shooters in our club uses Ely Match EPS with great success in a 52D