In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

usgi bore cleaner price check

bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
edited February 2008 in Ask the Experts
i got 5 cans of the stuff. can i ship this usps without a hassle?
cleaner.jpg
Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Former NSSA All American
Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
MO, CT, VA.

Comments

• Options
    Kari PragerKari Prager Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Bobski!
    I get bore cleaners from Sinclair and Russ Haydon, and I think they have to mark them as containing liquids with a special ORM label NOT hazmat. I will check with my shipper and receiver at the shop tomorrow and find out the details for you.
    Where'd you get that? I have about a 1,000 rounds of corrosive Mannlicher 8x56 to shoot up but I need a good bore cleaner for corrosive ammo, and I've heard the USGI cleaner works well for that. Otherwise I'm back to hot water and windex!
    Best, Kari
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    im a vet. had it for eons.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    Yup Kari....GI bore cleaner works great for corrosive ammo, in fact, that was part of the original specifications for it.

Hoppe's Nitro Solvent works well also, but the GI stuff is usually cheaper (when you can find it).

BTW....GI bore cleaner came in 2 colors, red and a sort of milky white (looks sorta like that 1% milk stuff, but I don't suggest you drink it [:D]). It was made to a "working specification", not a particular formula.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Robert...I just recieved 6 cans of the same shipped thru USPS in Nov. It was all packed in a priority box and the shipping did not reflect any hazmat BIG $$$ charge of any kind.

...The guy just slipped the cans in small heavy zip baggies, then put all those in one big zip baggie, then into the box. I don't think the guy "mentioned" what he was shipping, but I don't know for sure...shipping was reasonable.

...Pack it good and ship it...Hoppes/Butches and other cleaners are shipped all the time...and are just as "hazardous"...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif

Bhogie.gif
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    GOod for corrosive primers and carbon.

Not so good for metal fouling and such.

I paid $5 a can last I got some. I have a quart of it I paid $15 for as well.