In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sedgley Springfield

johnpar2johnpar2 Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
edited February 2008 in Ask the Experts
A friend recently picked up a Sedgley Springfield sporter that is missing some parts and I am trying to help find out the correct model Lyman receiver sight, Lyman front sight hood and sling swivels. I know the receiver sight is a Lyman 48 long slide, but there are different models/variations that were made. I saw a picture of the front sight hood that looks like a Lyman but I don't know the correct model number, it is knurled on the front and looks like it extends about 1/8 inch forward of the ramp. I don't have a clue on the swivels. Any help on getting the correct model designations for these parts is greatly appreciated. Better still, anyone have the correct parts for sale? Many thanks, John

Comments

• Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While some Sedgley Springfield Sporters may have used the long slide (elevation scale numbered to 150), most used the standard slide which was numbered to 125. The more recent Lyman 48 sights have a shallower base and elevation scale may be numbered as low as 60. Mounting one of these on your rifle will leave an unsightly gap beneath the base. There has been a Sedgley Springfield at auction on gunbroker recently and may be listed at this time. If it is there you can get a look at the sight and sling swivels.
  • Options
    johnpar2johnpar2 Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I found Sedgleys on several different auction sites and did get a good look at the Lyman 48, they do appear to be the 125 scale. Unfortunately photo quality doesn't show much detail on swivels and all seem to be missing the sight hood. I'll keep looking and thanks for your help!