In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ambidextrous Slide lock on Colt defender

jethrojethro Member Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
edited February 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have a friend that would like to fit his Colt defender with an ambidextrous slide lock. Is this something that we can attempt ourselves or should we send it to a gunsmith. I would like to try this, but I don't want to cause any reliability issues.

Any recommendation on brand to use?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't even know they made an ambi-slide stop for a 1911.

Is he left handed? If so tell him to use his index finger like the rest of us left handers.
  • Options
    jethrojethro Member Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is left handed. I have a Springfield with the safety and he likes it. It is nice to be able to use your thumb to lock the slide.

But, may not matter now. He has only had the gun for a week and it has a problem. It seems that it may have a bent frame.

Mike
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jethro
    He is left handed. I have a Springfield with the safety and he likes it. It is nice to be able to use your thumb to lock the slide.

But, may not matter now. He has only had the gun for a week and it has a problem. It seems that it may have a bent frame.

Mike

By using your thumb you need to change your grip to hit the slide release. As a lefty I just use my index finger to hit the mag release and slide stop. Don't need to change my grip at all.