In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Super Black Eagle II - dealers cost?

pclarkpclark Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited February 2008 in Ask the Experts
I am on my local Ducks Unlimited committee and we were kicking around getting a SBE II for the banquet. Does anyone know what cost on a SBEII Max-4 comfotech would be? I am hoping one of the local dealers will cut us a cost deal on one and I am tying to figure out what one would expect to see for a price.

Perry

Comments

• Options
    wfkwfk Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check with your Regional Director. Should be able to get them direct from Benelli.
    Walt
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    If you are able, go to the retailers supplier (distributor). They won't be taking a loss by selling to you at dealer prices. Dealer may balk if there's no profit in the sale. Joe
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Benelli is a dealer direct company. No dist.
  • Options
    boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been on both DU & Delta committees, still on Delta. I'll usually finagle/negotiate/barter some kind of deal with the gun shop. Offer a sponsorship, advertising in the dinner brochure, included as sponsor on TV & print ads, dozen free tickets for the shop, buy a dozen decoys or case of ammo from his shop for the raffle etc., whatever it takes.

Use this as a trade out in order to knock a few hundreds off of the gun.

P.S. Over the years we've found that cheaper 870/11-87 brings more return on investment than the fancier $$$$ guns. Your mileage may vary.
  • Options
    pclarkpclark Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies. We buy lots of guns and mountains of stuff from the local dealers and never get that great of a deal on teh guns. Same old story "there really is no mark-up in guns". We talked to our DU rep and he can get Beretta's and lots of other guns but not the "SBEII". I don't expect to raise a ton of money from it but I wanted one for hype and excitement, there are a lot of guys out there who the only way they will get one is buy winning it. Normally we have a stunning assortment of charles daley, mossberg, and stoegers that don't really get me overly excited.

Anybody know what mark up is on an SBEII so I am not killing myself chasing a mythical deal?

Thanks again:

Perry