In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

LEFEVER NITRO SPECIAL

jkobemnjkobemn Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have a lefever sxs double barrel. It is in moderate condition.
It has engravings on the frame of a duck flying in or out of water.
It has a bishop butt plate,it is stamped lefever arms ithica n.y. on one barrel and nitro special on the other. Serial number LL3815.
Serial numbers match. What is the value of this gun?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    According to the blue book lefever shot guns are realativly low priced through the most useable gauges but then you get to the .410 bore and prices triple. Are this prices realistic? 1000$+ for a .410, were there a scarce number of .410's?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Was looking at my grandpa's old lefever and had a question about the buttstock. His has a curved pistol grip but the only other one I've seen on the auction site had a straight grip. Which would be correct and is there anyway to find out how old this double barrel shotgun is? Also, I can't find any stamping on the barrels that tells the guage. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would like to find information on my Lefever Nitro Special double barrel 12ga with 30" barrels. It looks and works great. Serial # 349169
    *What year was it manufactered?
    *What are the markings under the barrels +4 & 2+
    *What is it worth?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I acquired subject SXS in 410 at a local show this weekend. It has a nickel receiver, trigger guard and fore end metal. My initial thought was to have the nickel removed. Upon closer examination however, it appears that the nickel is original due to the stamping of the serial no. and gauge. The numbers are crisp and deep. QUESTION: Would the nickel finish have been factory on this little shotgun?
  • Options
    The JaegerThe Jaeger Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Date of manufacture: 1940